Tuesday, January 19, 2010

LibriVox and The Genie

I ran across this resource the other day while cruising the Internet Archive. LibriVox - an online digital library of free public domain audiobooks, read by volunteers. Currently has over 3,000 recordings, free to download. It struck me that this might be a fine resource for the budding filmmaker who wants to play with some good human voices or perhaps even tackle a full production set to one of these recordings. At the very least its a good source of free audiobooks for your next roadtrip.  Take a look.


And now, as promised, heres a little Genie screenie (from my upcoming Genie and the Trashman flick).  I suppose I haven't said much about this production so heres the fun facts.  It was dreamed up after viewing The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari  in North Americas largest cathedral, Saint John the Devine, one halloween...a very cool experience.  A bit inspired by Trashman's Utarefson (itself inspired by.. well Nosferatu - a very cool German Expressionist flick in its own right) and then fell by the wayside for a year or so until watching Metropolis not so long ago and thought, "huh, I oughta get back on that particular german expressionist, silent treatment horse one of these days".  It will probably be silent though I'm still playing with the idea of using some sound effects.  Will probably be about 3 minutes long.  Will probably be a case of style over content as the story is uber simple and its more or less just an experiment.  Ive been avoiding using the camera switcher functionality in iclone, instead exporting clips separately and editing elsewhere for fear that the camera switcher influences the editing process.  Also, the HDR lighting effects mixed with the fog particle effects have crashed my video driver multiple times.  Very irritating.  Still, I think it will turn out pretty groovy if I ever finish it up.  



No comments:

Post a Comment